of the people that come across our southern border are good hardworking people
that just want a better life for their families. But some aren’t. They’re
criminal, and they’re costing us a great deal of money in our courts and prison
system. We also can’t have masses of people coming across without any control,
overwhelming our social services. We must control the border and we have to
streamline our immigration system so that it doesn’t take years to get workers,
and future citizens, in here when we need them.
Health Care Reform – Yes
takeover of health care – No
Medicaid and Social Security - all run by the government - and all are headed
for Bankruptcy. It would not be wise to give the government more to run until
they demonstrate an ability to do a good job with what they already have.
temperatures and studies show that man has very little influence on the
weather. When the world is in a cooling phase and we’re doing nothing
different, it’s a little difficult to take the idea seriously of giving some
third world countries billions of our dollars to solve the problem of man made
nice idea, that doesn’t accomplish a great deal of good. We should continue to
belong, but should not be paying the bulk of the cost to keep it running. It
does not return enough successful actions to warrant a massive investment – and
absolutely should we never give them authority over the U.S. of anything.
• Islamic Terrorism
The question isn’t do we
think we are at war with them, but do they think they are at war with us? They
do! It’s estimated that only 10% of Muslims are radicals. The problem is that
the 10% has the other 90% intimidated, and rightly so. They will kill their own
people. You try diplomacy, but you make sure you are ready to back it up with
• Giving Enemy Combatants
American Civil Rights
• Nuclear Power
Yes. Japan and France get
approximately 80 to 85% of their power from nuclear power plants. The U.S. has
had nuclear powered naval carriers for years and they work very efficiently.
Nuclear facilities are more efficient and a lot less invasive to the
environment than miles and miles of wind generators and solar panels.
• High Speed Bullet Trains
No, not until you can show
that they’re worth the investment and that people will use them.
• Cap and Trade
No. Cap and Trade will add a
bigger burden to our struggling economy with more taxes and regulations that we
can’t afford, especially right now. And the problem of man-made global warming
it’s supposed to help combat is being proved to be inaccurate.
• Affirmative Action
Affirmative action in the
form of tutoring and learning assistance to improve knowledge of a subject and
skills to pass entrance exams – Yes. Lowering the bar to let non-qualified
people into professions – No. This includes people of all races. I have done a
lot of work with “at risk” youth and a firm believer that there is no single
race or ethnic group that is intellectually inferior.
• Government Jobs vs. Private
We need more private sector
jobs and less government jobs. Private sector jobs produce income and taxes.
Government jobs do not produce income, but requires tax money for salaries.
Some jobs are necessary and must be done by government. However, when
government becomes so large that the tax paying private sector that pays for
the government jobs can no longer support the financial weight, the whole thing
• Gun Control
Americans have a right to
defend themselves. That doesn’t mean they need assault rifles and machine guns.
But they do have the right to bear arms and to protect themselves. Every study
I have seen shows that when the public is not armed, crime increase because
criminals know they can’t be stopped.
Something must be done about
this issue. It’s too easy to slip them into important legislation and they’re
usually payoffs to political supporters and friends at the taxpayers expense.
We must have a strong
military. Every century there is one or more political leaders that come along
and either want what our country has, or they’re just crazy and believe they
are meant to rule the world. Whatever their reason, we must be ready. A strong
military is a powerful deterrent.
• Disabled Vets
We need to see that the brave
men and women injured in service to Our Country and protection Our Freedoms,
are taken care of.
• Small Business
Small businesses are the
backbone of Our Economy. We cannot continue to tax and regulate them to death
and expect them to prosper. We must give them incentives to reinvest and expand
their business and hire additional employees.